Community and Social Media Manager - 2K Games
2K Games | Novato CA 94949 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/10/2012
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised BioShock® and BioShock®2, Sid Meier's Civilization® series; the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise NBA® 2K10; and the multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games.
At 2K our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K is a successful, stable publishing label that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. We are looking for people who are passionate about games. 2K is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER - 2K GAMES
This position reports to the Director of Social Media and Consumer Relations and is based out of Novato.
• Create, manage, and execute community and social media plans, working with internal departments, developers, and external agencies to get approvals and most importantly: create great content.
• Consumer forward attitude: ensure our provided information, efforts and actions are consumer-forward.
• Be wired and engaged: Know your audience, where they are, how they interact, and speak their language. Understand and follow the latest software, platforms, and technologies, and be visible and helpful.
• Become a creative force: come up with ideas and run with them, creating and distributing product content across multiple platforms.
• Work with PR and marketing on community and digital media support plans. Have a deep understanding of each product you speak of – play often.
• Work with and manage supporting external vendors who support our community efforts.
Assist the customer service manager and our customer service department in identifying, routing, and escalating customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments.
• Train in and understand our social media analytic tools, contest and polling functionality, livestream technology, and social media software.
• On-screen personality: be confident and prepared to host and co-host livestream events and broadcasts, showcasing and playing the company's product and conducting on and off site interviews inside and outside the gaming industry.
• Take part in trade, developer, and consumer shows with community presence, including on site support and travel.
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, minimum five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills
• Should have an extensive knowledge and play experience of recent and past console, PC, and tablet games, including strategy, RPGs, shooters, and action games (you need to be a gamer).
• Should have an existing presence and experience on major gaming forums, as well as experience in social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest and their supporting 1st and 3rd party applications.
• Must be well versed in online game forum etiquette, and be genuinely interested in assisting, engaging, and working with our valued customers.
Consistent with a desk job in a normal office environment.
Equipment packing/unpacking/setup in consumer and trade show environments
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Novato, CA, 94949, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Chris Burton|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|