Senior Software Developer
JANUS Research Group, Inc. | Various Locations NC 27006 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/09/2012
Senior Software Developer
• Marietta, GA
• Augusta, GA
• Raleigh, NC
• Fayetteville, NC
• Aberdeen, MD
• Alexandria, VA
• Remote work possible, for exceptional candidates
Join the industry-leading Janus Research Group Engineering team as we develop our next-generation serious games and 3D training simulation frameworks.
• Minimum five (5) years of significant experience in C#, Java, C++, Objective-C or Smalltalk
◦ Demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of object-oriented features of at least one of the listed languages.
◦ Describe how the object-oriented features of the language were used to solve problems in past work experiences.
• Extensive experience with object-oriented applications, libraries and/or frameworks
◦ Designed, implemented and/or refactored one or more class hierarchies, at least one of which was more than two levels deep
◦ Describe how each hierarchy was used (and preferably, reused).
◦ Explain how multiple object-oriented design patterns were used in each hierarchy.
• Describe criteria for good design in applications, object-oriented frameworks and libraries, especially as it applies to development timelines, maintenance phases and the maximization of reuse potential.
• Solid grounding in software engineering tools, techniques and practices for solving common problems
• Able to acquire and maintain a Secret clearance
• Previous work experience directly employing data modeling techniques
◦ Entity-relational modeling (ERM)
◦ Separation of concerns (sometimes called “model-view-controller” or “MVC”)
• Previous work experience implementing graphical simulations, 3D or 2D
• Previous work experience implementing applications with object-oriented graphical user interfaces (GUI)
• Previous game development experience
◦ Using or extending a game engine, such as Unity3D, Unreal, Torque, etc
◦ Use of game engine outside of scripting
• Significant experience with multiple object-oriented languages
◦ Compare and contrast in detail the features of those languages.
◦ Describe how to decide which language would be best for a task.
• Experience leading implementations
◦ Reviewing designs and code, particularly of less-experienced team members
◦ Designing (high level and low level)
◦ Coordinating tasks
◦ Coaching junior team members
• Expert Systems experience
• Experience creating visual development tools, or extensive experience using such tools
• Able to acquire and maintain a Top Secret clearance
Experience & Education
• Minimum five (5) years applicable work experience with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline
• A Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline preferred
JANUS offers a finders fee for referrals that result in a new hire.
Benefits: 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Plans, Life and Disability insurance, Education Assistance (and more).
Qualified individual may submit a resume via e-mail to HR@janusresearch.com.
JANUS is an E-Verify/Equal Opportunity Employer
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Various Locations, NC, 27006, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT, Programmer / Engineer, Serious Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Contact Name||Judy Pagac|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Senior SWD|