Senior Game Programmer
Slingo, Inc. | Hackensack NJ 07601 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/09/2012
Here are a few of our recent successes:
• #1 application on Facebook with over 54 million monthly active users
• #1 casino game on iTunes for iPhone & iPad
• #1 game on numerous web and iTV partners
• #25 overall game on iTunes
• #60 overall app on Android in the Google Play marketplace
• 600k+ games played on Slingo.com every day reaching millions annually
The successful candidate for the Senior Game Programmer position will create industry-leading, super fun, extremely high quality games, from initial concept to live support. It’s a job that changes every day, challenges you to the max, and brings you in contact with tons of great individuals.
• Code games in AS3 for distribution on Slingo.com, functioning as the lead programmer and often the lead designer for a 3-6 person team.
• Deliver numerous concurrent projects on time and on target, meeting the highest industry standard for quality, extensibility and above all, FUN!
• Maintain live products on Slingo.com, supporting new features and content. Peer review code during development to ensure extensibility and live support capacity.
We ask a lot of our Senior Programmers. Some days they wear coding hats. Some days they wear design hats. Some days they wear art berets. No matter the choice of chapeau, our coders are the best in the business and are great examples of Slingo’s uncompromising dedication to creating quality games.
1 – MUST HAVE
• An intense love of games of many genres
• Superb programming skills and a constant desire to improve your craft
• Outstanding writing and communication skills and an outgoing, friendly, collegial demeanor
• Ability to reliably commute to Hackensack, NJ
2 – SHOULD HAVE
• A solid portfolio of completed game projects. Show us that you know how to get things done
• A militant commitment to delivering products of the highest quality
• A BS in Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
3 – NICE TO HAVE
• Flash and ActionScript programming experience
• Experience coding in other languages or engines
• Experience using Subversion, Perforce or similar versioning
For immediate consideration, please send Resume, Salary Requirements, and Three References to: email@example.com. Please be sure to submit code samples with your resume and portfolio. AS3 is preferred, but anything that shows your programming mastery is acceptable.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Hackensack, NJ, 07601, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Programmer / Engineer, Independent Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Interactive TV,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Windows,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Coray Seifert|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|