Senior Multiplayer Programmer
IO Interactive | Copenhagen V DK DK-1560 DNK | Full Time | Posted: 10/09/2012
Io-Interactive is the creative force behind some of the most talked-about PC and multiplatform videogames to emerge in the last decade. Starting with the praised and ground-breaking Hitman series, Io-Interactive has since developed the cult classic Freedom Fighters, the innovative brand Mini Ninjas and the controversial Kane & Lynch series.
Io-Interactive has always proven that dedication to original IP and unique brands are the hallmarks of the company, and breaking new ground is critical to sustain the originality within our diverse team members.
Io-Interactive is a part of Eidos Interactive. Eidos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in the design, implementation and testing of multiplayer and networking technology in Glacier 2
• Identify problems with existing multiplayer unaware technology and propose solutions to such
• Advise the game teams on how to best solve multiplayer problems
• Advise the Glacier 2 management team on how to best prioritize new changes
• Stay informed on research and developments within multiplayer and networking
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
• One or more shipped multiplayer games
• Intimate understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT and in depth knowledge of known networking models
• Familiarity with commonly used replication models
• Experience implementing peer-to-peer systems
• A passion for creating high quality code
• A passion for video games is mandatory
• Knowledge of third party network libraries
• Experience developing networking protocols
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, Wii)
• Experience with agile development processes
• Experience with Test Driven Development
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Copenhagen V, DK, Denmark|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT, Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|