Senior - Level Mission Designer
Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/08/2012
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
You are a designer of missions. Like a master chef, you take the game's raw ingredients and combine them to please the most discerning palette. Like a UPS driver in a warzone, you skirt the minefield and break through enemy lines to deliver the story. Like an overwrought metaphor, you make a strong connection between what already is and what could be, drawing players into the game world. But Sucker Punch is looking for more than that; we need someone that can also thread a series of missions together into an engaging tale. Someone who can follow the flow of the characters and the player, guiding them through both the environments and the dramatic arc.
• The ability to design, script and balance high-quality missions
• 3-6 years as a mission designer on top-notch action titles
• A proven capacity to learn new technology, scripting languages, engines and systems, especially industry-standard content creation tools
• A feel for flow and pacing across multiple consecutive encounters and missions
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to lead and direct a small team of mission designers
• Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to Seattle, WA
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|