Senior Environment Modeler
Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/08/2012
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
Sucker Punch Productions needs an awesome Senior Environment Modeler to join the team!
• Collaborate within a team of artist and designers to create 3D assets that are awesome gameplay spaces as well as visually stunning works of art.
• Create structures and props to express the underlying concept of the environment, including determining placement, proportion, shape, prop type and details.
• Model asset geometry from simple mass-out to finished states based on inspirational concept art or general direction.
• Consistently meet high standard of quality while sticking to production deadlines.
• Contribute in developing or improving the production pipeline, tools, and visual quality of environments
• Maintain a good knowledge of the projects game design to ensure unity between art and gameplay.
• Seek feedback from peers and leads.
• 4+ years of industry experience demonstrating modeling professional quality 3D game levels.
• Must have an excellent understanding of proportions, layout spacing, silhouettes, color theory, framing and composition.
• Strong understanding of poly mesh flow, LODS, and mesh optimization for performance and memory budgets.
• Ability to follow art direction and see the 'big picture' style of the game.
• Must be able to provide samples either through a shipped product, level file, or screenshots.
• Experience using high resolution modeling software like ZBrush, Mudbox or similar software strongly preferred.
• UV mapping and texture creation experience creating normal maps, and specular maps on a professional project is a plus
• Ability to work well with a team in a cross-discipline, and iterative setting
• Strong problem solving skills
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience desired
• Expert use of Maya and Photoshop
• Creative and passionate about art.
• Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are expected. You need to be comfortable asking questions making requests to designers, programmers and artists.
• Must be autonomous, responsible, organized and professional.
• Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to Seattle.
• Applicants should expect to take a test.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|