Senior Environment Texture Artist
Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/08/2012
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
Sucker Punch Productions is looking for a Senior Environment Texture artist with a minimum 2+ years of experience and a comprehensive understanding of advanced run-time rendering technologies. We have a dynamic, creative and friendly atmosphere at our studio where you can have a big impact on a project as an individual and as part of the team. Come join us at our Seattle/Bellevue studio & don't forget your snowboard, rain jacket and mountain bike so you can explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest
• Create diffuse color maps, specular maps, gloss maps, normal maps, and height maps.
• Map textures onto 3D models and surfaces.
• Create advanced or simple material shaders as needed.
• Communicate and work with rendering programming team to help with development of material shaders and establishing support needs.
• Follow established art direction and style through use of concepts and critiques.
• Work with modelers and design to create game environment.
• Finishing out levels or areas of the environment, detail and polish work.
• Help with refining production pipeline by providing feedback and ideas for tools through communications with tools programming.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 2 years experience in video game production with comprehensive understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology.
• Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within team-based work environment.
• Must have general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
• Skilled at texturing surfaces and use of materials on variety of game assets
• Must be able to work with and interpret concept art to achieve detail; be able to research or track down real-world reference when needed.
• Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
• Excellent Photoshop and Maya skills. Experience with ZBrush a plus.
• Highly developed eye for color and detail
• Problem solver with ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.
Portfolio and other Requirements
• A portfolio review is required. We prefer web-based submissions, but will evaluate DVDs if necessary.
• Applicants should expect to take a test.
• Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|