Experienced Generalist Programmer
Firebrand Games | Merritt Island FL 32953 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/07/2012
We operate in small tight-knit teams of highly experienced and driven individuals where everyone makes a difference and has an opportunity to add to the quality of our games. We believe in strict project management practices and high productivity to help us achieve our aim of high-quality, no-crunch, on-time productions. We also enjoy what we do!
We set out to be the best in the world at what we do and we strive to continue in that vein - top quality games, top quality teams and top quality work life balance!
The Experienced Generalist Programmer will work closely with the Lead Programmer, Technical Director and game team to bring our latest games to completion on a number of current and next-gen platforms
As a member of the game team you will (in addition to the regular code tasks) work with the Lead Programmer to define and estimate code tasks, technically break down and implement game features, optimize code and algorithms as well as manage platform specific requirements. You are expected to use your solid industry knowledge to help establish the perfect balance between quality and scope.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• BS in Computer Science or other suitable degree preferred.
• Professional experience working in video game development.
• Must have the right to live and work in the US.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional video games programming experience.
• Credited on at least 2 published video games in a Programmer role.
• Experience through a full development cycle and certification submission on at least one HD console game.
• High level of proficiency with C++, STL and OOP.
• Solid code architecture and planning skills.
• Exceptional communication and team working skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised and manage your own tasks and priorities.
• Experience with handheld and/or mobile platforms.
• A deep interest in games in general and racing games in particular.
• Good optimization skills in general and on HD consoles in particular.
• Strong understanding of video game physics and the math behind it.
• Solid demo or examples of personal work.
• Links or references to commercially released products with clear indication of contributions made.
Please e-mail resume and portfolio of relevant work to email@example.com.
|Location||Merritt Island, FL, 32953, United States|
|Annual Salary||50,000.00 - 100,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Soeren Lund|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||321 600 0911|
|Primary Fax||321 600 0914|