Digital Extremes | London ON N6A 5P2 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 09/12/2012
Digital Extremes first became known with the co-creation of Epic’s Unreal franchise, which has won numerous awards and sold millions of units. Following the success of the franchise, Digital Extremes entered the new generation of consoles with Dark Sector – the highly anticipated 3rd person action game. Dark Sector was the first release to be made with Digital Extremes’ proprietary Evolution Engine, a graphically rich gaming engine all built in-house. Following Dark Sector, Digital Extremes’ began the first of many collaborations with 2K Games – creating the entire Multiplayer portion of Bioshock 2. Soon after, 2K and Digital Extremes partnered up for the critically-acclaimed and recently released The Darkness 2. The Darkness 2 featured stunning visuals and visceral game play, all built in the Evolution Engine. Since the days of the glaive and demon arms, Digital Extremes has warped into space with its latest project: Star Trek. To be released in 2013, the company is creating a one of a kind co-op experience between Kirk and Spock.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy. But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
Digital Extremes is searching for Level Designers passionate about continuing the tradition of contributing to some of the most creative and influential games in our industry, which have included smash-hits from the Unreal and BioShock series! We are deeply absorbed in the development of yet another super secret, hugely anticipated, and very prestigious AAA 1st person shooter, and you could join our team and be involved!
Digital Extremes has been named one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers' with competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches."
• Follow the level design pipeline from “pen & paper” game designs to implement spectacular character based levels and ultra-fun gameplay mechanics.
• Work closely with level layout artists to identify level assets and gameplay direction to ensure visual and technical quality for the levels.
• Follow direction of Lead Level Designer to maintain gameplay vision consistency.
• Contribute to level concept, layout, implementation (camera, entity, etc.), prototype modeling, scenario creation, event scripting, game balancing, pacing, and gameplay tuning.
• Contribute to general game design, as well as cooperate with all other facets of game production (programming, environment/world art and animation).
• Place and trigger entities (such as enemies, movers, and objects) to create fun, absorbing gameplay.
• Master internal tools for modeling environments and integrating game play.
• Rough out world geometry, camera paths, and lighting using 3D world-building tools.
• Assist with the scripting of gameplay entities and events.
• Creatively resolve gameplay and production issues.
• Meet production schedules and deadlines.
• Collaborate with Design team to define and refine gameplay mechanics.
• Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details
• Solid knowledge of game editors.
• Previous experience creating maps for 1st person shooters in a modding community or a professional environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines in our fast-paced environment.
• Aptitude for learning new software tools.
• Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills.
• Willing to relocate to Canada
• Knowledge of LUA or other scripting languages.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||London, ON, N6A 5P2, Canada|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Windows|
|Contact Name||Kate Roberts|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|