Senior Animator (FPS Title)
LucasArts | San Francisco CA 94129-0909 USA | Full Time | Posted: 07/12/2012
The Senior Animator is responsible for the creation of character animations that meets the originality, creative and technical quality standards of LucasFilm.
• Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the game.
• Create stylized yet realistic character animation through key-frame animation as well as enhancing motion captured performances.
• Demonstrate total mastery of animation skills within Motion Builder.
• Demonstrate a willingness to help direct motion capture shoots.
• Help resolve art pipeline issues by researching, identifying and implementing solutions designed to streamline the art process and enhance productivity within the studio.
• Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation.
• Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to project goals.
• Collaborate effectively with Art leads during art review sessions that results in the finest artistic look possible.
• Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
• Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department.
• Actively participate in team/department meetings.
• Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
• Bachelor's degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Animation, Computer Graphic Art, or a related field (or foreign equivalent) required.
• A reel demonstrating outstanding character animation/acting abilities.
• Strong understanding of the principles of animation; the physics of motion, and a wide breadth of stylistic versatility.
• A degree, or equivalent from an animation program, is strongly preferred.
• Professional experience working as a 3D animator in computer gaming or a related field.
• A Passion for making games.
• Strong command of Maya and Motion Builder animation tools preferred.
• A strong understanding of motion capture pipelines.
• Strong technical aptitude related to 3D animation tools and game engine technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be receptive to animation direction and perform well within a collaborative team environment.
• Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
• Unreal experience a plus.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94129-0909, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|