Sr./European Customer Acquisition Specialist
CCP - Iceland | 101 Reykjavik N/A ISL | Full Time | Posted: 04/16/2012
We have employees from over 30 countries, representing a truly international community and we are growing in 2010.
CCP - SHANGHAI, CHINA - the home of DUST 514, console game with 70 employees in a new office that is looking for creative talent in programming and art.
CCP - REYKJAVIK, ICELAND - our Corporate Headquarters, and the home of EVE Online. situated next to the harbor with views of the mountains, water and the city. Walking distance from downtown.
CCP - NEWCASTLE, UK - A key technology center for CCP. Famous for great ale and wonderful people, Newcastle sits on the north bank of the River Tyne, just 200 miles from London.
CCP - STONE MOUNTAIN, GEORGIA - outside the Atlanta perimeter, with beautiful Stone Mountain park in the background. Great environment with a low cost of living!
CCP Games, the world’s most successful independent MMOG developer, is expanding its marketing team to prepare for the launch of its groundbreaking first person shooter DUST 514 and to continue the growth in its flagship title EVE Online.
Unique in the industry for both its sandbox design mechanics and its single-shard universe, EVE Online is the only MMOG which has grown every year since its launch in 2003, boasting 400,000 subscribers and remarkable retention rates. With the 2012 launch of DUST 514 as a AAA free-to-play game exclusively on PlayStation 3, CCP expects to see millions of gamers enter the EVE Universe as futuristic infantry soldiers, where they will join the spacefaring corporations of EVE Online, waging war in the single-shard virtual world of EVE and participating in the same economy, alliances and intrigue.
Privately held, CCP achieved $66 million in 2011 revenue and is poised to have its largest year ever in 2012 with the launch of DUST 514 alongside the continued growth in EVE Online.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Customer Acquisition, the European Customer Acquisition Manager will help build and strengthen CCP’s marketing efforts throughout Europe and into Russia. This position focuses on a blend of ROI based top of funnel tactics within each country inside of the territory and on mid-funnel conversion tactics to grow EVE and DUST.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
* Territory Leadership – Able to identify, initiate, and grow new customer acquisition tactics by country in the digital space; including but not limited to relevant partner digital ad media and localized outreach opportunities.
* Opportunity Generation – Ability to identify and reach out to secondary and tertiary prospects to generate net new customers at a good ROI. That can mean driving email, social media, advertising, referral programs as needed on a country by country basis.
* Genre/Industry Knowledge - Strong understanding of the MMOG genre and console gaming, as well as digital gaming trends; e.g. Free-to-Play gaming, social gaming, micro-transactions, and mobile & tablet games.
* Reports tactical analysis of market trends and competition, by country and language group. · Works with internal Sales team to help coordinate and maximize CA efforts with digital and retail boxed product launches within the territory.
* Advertising: Manages and reports to specific partners within the territory, recommends adjustments to the overall plan based on real time metrics.
* Ancillary programs: Facilitates forward movement and reporting on outcomes for referral programs across all countries in the territory via localized pushes.
* Localization: Directly works with the CCP Localization group in Iceland to ensure the highest standards of presentation are met and each country/language group is best served.
* Able to view all of the territory as whole, while driving individual pieces forward.
* Strong knowledge of digital media (advertising, search, and social) and basic grasp of Big Data.
* Solid understanding of interactive design principles, usability and online branding issues.
* Ability to work individually or in a team to develop and drive local campaigns under a larger umbrella plan.
* Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with an international team
* Organization and process-oriented focus a must.
* HTML / web design experience, purely to facilitate communication with other departments
* DFA and Adwords practical experience
* Previous game industry experience
* Passion for computer games and MMO’s in particular
|Location||101 Reykjavik, N/A, Iceland|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Platforms||Playstation 2,Online Multiplayer,Mac OS X,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|