Lead Environment Artist
Airtight Games | Redmond/Seattle WA 98001 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/16/2012
As the Lead Environment Artist, you will report to the Art Director and work directly with the artists and designers to deliver an awe-inspiring and immersive world that shapes the player experience. You must be able to manage and lead a team of artists to produce award winning next generation content, enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, and value well thought out processes and schedules. The Lead Environment Artist is responsible for leading the world art team in the design and creation of all levels, from concept to completion, and all associated art pipelines. You must possess excellent organizational skills, strong managerial and leadership skills, and have demonstrated exceptional technical skills while in a similar role on at least one AAA Next Gen console game.
• Lead a team of artists through the various stages of development and ensure the quality of the content produced in each functional area will define new standards in the industry.
• Oversee the production and implementation of all environment assets and ensure all content is held to a high quality bar.
• Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
• Collaborate with the other leads to find production solutions that uphold the vision of the game and adhere to established technical requirements.
• Work with the producers to develop solid schedules and production plans.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Work with the leads to define and implement solid production pipelines
• Document & communicate clear technical guidelines for world asset creation and implementation to the environment team.
• Manage and mentor the environment team.
• Report to the Art Director.
• At least 7 years industry experience with at least one title shipped as a Lead on a next gen platform in a similar role.
• Excellent understanding of architecture, spatial layout, lighting, and visual composition as well as their application in games.
• A strong sense of game play and story in how they relate to art with a proven ability of being able to craft a believable and supportive setting for a game.
• An expert-level understanding for next-gen game environment development processes, tools, pipelines, scene management, limitations, and dependencies.
• 3D modeling, texturing, and material creation skills.
• Proven ability to produce and direct the production of award winning next generation content.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner.
• Capable of balancing a project’s creative and technical environment art requirements within schedule and staff limitations.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate the creative and technical level building processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
• Outstanding coaching and motivational skills having demonstrated the ability to mentor less experienced artists.
• Able to collaborate with the other leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines.
• Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for making the highest quality games.
• Experience using UE3.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redmond/Seattle, WA, 98001, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Environment Lead|