Senior Operations Engineer / Dev Ops @Kabam
Kabam | San Francisco CA 94105 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/14/2012
Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing and Luxembourg, Kabam merges art and science to deliver entertainment as a service. Kabam delivers deep, crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay. Kabam is platform agnostic – delivering always-on, always-evolving experiences for gamers no matter where they choose to play.
Kabam believes games should be irresistibly fun to play, so the company measures its success on how often people return to Kabam games and how long they play. Kabam’s games have been praised by the media and industry and, more importantly, Kabam players for their depth of play and social interaction.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
Dev Ops role working on the Tech Ops team supporting the efforts of Tech Ops to drive better, more stable/reliable live applications and games.
Dev Ops refers to typically an engineer with backend development experience who wants to get their hands into the live site operations and find ways to improve it overall. This entails anything from tools, metrics development and analysis, site security and application vulnerability to live operations issue debugging.
As a leader in the free-to-play core social games arena, Kabam is a key player in transforming the traditional gaming industry. We have a successful track record of creating high quality, massively multiplayer social games that delight and engage core gamers. Our games combine the deep, immersive gameplay found in MMO games (strategy, RPG style) with the connectivity and interaction of social networks. Kabam has commercially launched 6 games to date, including The Godfather: Five Families, Dragons of Atlantis and award-winning Kingdoms of Camelot,with many more in the pipeline. You can play Kabam games on Google+, Facebook and other social networks around the world. Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and influence the outcome of your contributions – ones that impact millions of gamers daily!
Think you have what it takes to make real games? We want to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You'll be part of the team that plans, builds, operates and scales the infrastructure that supports 24x7 operation of our games. We're looking for Operations Engineers who are capable and excited about finding creative, efficient and effective solutions as we deploy new games and technologies in new and expanding markets. You'll be involved in everything from tools development, live metrics, deployments, networking, automation, monitoring, and performance tuning, analyzing system and code vulnerabilities to working with our developers to resolve live issues and improve overall systems. We work closely with our great game devs both to design maintainable, scalable solutions and support live operations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* You like the idea of making strong contributions in a startup-culture environment but don't want to do it all by yourself nor be hampered by shoestring budgets. Working with games and high scale intrigues you.
* Experienced Dev Ops w/5+ years experience who can hit the ground running. Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
* A generalist who likes to wear multiple hats. Self-taught, self-motivated.
* Like to see your solutions in action, not just in theory.
* Have been developing and supporting high availability live sites and know what it takes to keep them running and maintainable.
* Like to take the reigns, to develop functional solutions to dificult problems.
* Take control of a project/issue, own it and drive it to conclusion.
* Enjoy working in a fun, casual gaming environment with bright, motivated and experienced people. Knows the value of building great relationships both within your team and with other teams in the company.
* Experienced with and enthuastic about technologies like: Linux, nginx, memcache, redis, haproxy, MySQL, puppet, shell/Perl/PHP/Python/Ruby, etc.
Click here to apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=ouJeWfw7&s=Gamasutra
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam : https://www.facebook.com/LifeatKabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin! : http://www.linkedin.com/company/kabam_206001/careers
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|