Software Engineer - Flash @ Kabam
Kabam | San Francisco CA 94105 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/14/2012
Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing and Luxembourg, Kabam merges art and science to deliver entertainment as a service. Kabam delivers deep, crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay. Kabam is platform agnostic – delivering always-on, always-evolving experiences for gamers no matter where they choose to play.
Kabam believes games should be irresistibly fun to play, so the company measures its success on how often people return to Kabam games and how long they play. Kabam’s games have been praised by the media and industry and, more importantly, Kabam players for their depth of play and social interaction.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
Kabam is growing and we’re growing quickly.
With offices in the Bay Area and internationally, we are growing at an exponential rate and this is just the beginning. We’re building games that are changing how social games are played and the success of our games has established us as a definitive leader in the strategic massively multi-player social gaming space. Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and create and own the outcome of your contributions – contributions that impact millions of gamers daily.
Think you have what it takes to make real games? We want to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Build flash-based multi-player, social games for the web
* Work hand-in-hand with a project team (game designers, engineers, producers) to deliver exciting new games and features
* Contribute to the discussion; our games are built in a collaborative environment, and we invite ideas and suggestions from all corners
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate is experienced with front-end technologies, and an absolute master at AS3. You are a high-level analytical thinker and problem-solver and love the efficiencies of object-oriented programming design. We'd like to see:
* 3+ years hands-on experience developing efficient and reliable ActionScript 3
* Experience integrating with PHP-based back-end services
* Familiarity with LAMP stack and DB interactions
* Strong understanding of web technologies and web service API calls
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
* Good UI and visual design sense
* Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* Familiarity with Web 2.0 / Social Networking websites
* Nice, but not necessary: Experience developing virally distributed social games
* Passion for games a huge plus
Click here to apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=ohlhVfwy&s=Gamasutra
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam : https://www.facebook.com/LifeatKabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin!: http://www.linkedin.com/company/kabam_206001/careers
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|