BioWare Austin | Austin TX 78758 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/31/2012
BioWare's Austin studio works exclusively on the fastest growing subscription MMO in history, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO, social, play-for-free and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™ and Dragon Age™. BioWare currently operates in eight locations across the world, including Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), Austin (Texas), Fairfax (Virginia), San Francisco (California), Los Angeles (California), Sacramento (California) and Galway (Ireland).
BioWare Austin is seeking a qualified programmer to help make and maintain infrastructure systems for our massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, Star Wars: The Old Republic. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation, and continuing support of large scale systems using primarily C++ and Python. Experience with and knowledge of multi-tier architecture is a plus. Previous MMO experience is a strong plus.
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
• Minimum of 6+ years of professional software development experience writing applications in C++
• Expertise in Linux/Win32 Operating systems
• Passion for playing video games
• Expertise in building multithreaded, multi-process real-time systems
• Experience working with large (multi-million line) code bases
• Experience with Python, Perl, Lua and other scripting/dynamic languages
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with STL and BOOST libraries
• Database API programming in C++
• Unix and Windows-based build systems
• Network programming
• Game industry experience
• Full Stack/Generalist experience
• Experience with large data pipelines
• Server multi-tier architecture a plus
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted at this time.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Austin, TX, 78758, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Linux / UNIX,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|