Software Engineer - Build Team (Perl, Python)
BioWare Austin | Austin TX 78758 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/31/2012
BioWare's Austin studio works exclusively on the fastest growing subscription MMO in history, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO, social, play-for-free and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™ and Dragon Age™. BioWare currently operates in eight locations across the world, including Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), Austin (Texas), Fairfax (Virginia), San Francisco (California), Los Angeles (California), Sacramento (California) and Galway (Ireland).
BioWare Austin is looking for a Software Engineer for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Build Team based in Austin, TX. We employ agile and branched development methods to deliver a build and deployment system for one of the most ambitious games ever created. The successful candidate will have enterprise-level experience in the development and maintenance of build systems to support large software development teams.
• Develop scripts and automation code in Java, Python, Perl, shell script, Groovy and C++
• Develop and maintain a custom build and deployment system using QuickBuild, Electric Accelerator, MSBuild, GCC, Premake, Flash, Nullsoft, Solid State Networks, and proprietary applications
• Work with the configuration management, operations, and infrastructure teams to design, develop, and integrate new features and processes into the build system
• Work with the game development teams to identify future requirements and enhancements for developer workflow tools and implement these in the build system
• Maintain and enhance continuous integration systems and custom automated testing infrastructure
• Manage multiple build clusters totaling of over 60 Linux and Windows hosts
• 3-5 years of professional programming experience
• 2 years of configuration management or build systems experience a plus
• University degree or graduate of a recognized post secondary program in software engineering or related discipline is strongly preferred
• Java, Python, Perl and Cygwin experience required
• C++ and Groovy programming experience a plus
• Linux systems and programming experience
• Build tools experience e.g. MSBuild, VisualStudio, Make/Premake, etc.
• Software configuration management (SCM) systems experience; Perforce preferred
• Build systems experience, e.g. QuickBuild, Electric Cloud, etc.
• Familiarity with branched development processes
• Familiar with code review processes
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure within a multidisciplinary team
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted at this time.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Austin, TX, 78758, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Linux / UNIX,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|