Irrational Games | Quincy MA 02169 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/12/2012
The BioShock Infinite team bets big on everything we do -- we strive to be careful about the problems we tackle, innovative in our approach, solid in our implementation, and we polish the heck out of everything we do. Networking is no exception.
Right now we're looking for an talented and experience individual to help us with the networking aspects of BioShock Infinite. This position will require a combination of initiative, leadership, design, coding, and daily problem solving on multiple target platforms.
If you have the skills and passion for world-class network-connected experiences like BioShock then why not come join a team that has the track record, the autonomy, and the time to do it right?
• We expect people to seek out all relevant information on their subject and be able to respond to spontaneous inquiries on that subject.
• Work with the team who created BioShock network code.
• Advising engineers on how to properly architect their systems for optimal networking
• Extending and enhancing Unreal Engine 3 with proprietary networking tech to address gameplay, performance, platform, production, tools, and QA needs
• Interfacing with Microsoft, Sony, and other providers about platform-specific services
• Working with the Technical Director, Lead Programmers, and IT Director to plan and execute major changes to client-side technology and backend services
• Responsible for delivering a robust, scalable, and responsive client-side networking support on the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 platforms
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Shipped at least one commercial network-connected game title, preferably on a console
• Familiarity with TCP/IP, UDP, and in depth knowledge of game networking models
• Deep understanding of strategies for data replication and bandwidth/latency optimization
• Excellent C++ proficiency and software engineering intuition
• Excellent interpersonal skills, desire to mentor other engineers, and ability to adapt to rapidly-changing requirements
Things would that really make you stand out:
1. Extensive understanding of Unreal Engine networking
2. Experience with XBox Live Server Pages, Title Managed Storage, and/or the Sony equivalents
3. Previous experience developing network backend support on a multi-console title with support for matchmaking, stat tracking and analysis, in-game push updates, etc
|Location||Quincy, MA, 02169, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|