Senior Tools Engineer (Action/ Adventure Title)
LucasArts | San Francisco CA 94129-0909 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/09/2012
The Senior Tools Engineer develops the essential tools and pipelines for game development on current and Future Generation console and PC hardware. The ideal candidate should have the ability to deliver flexible, yet powerful tools that allow content creators to bring their game vision to life.
• Develop efficient and user friendly Tools and utilities in support of the game development team.
• Evaluate and improve existing tools, workflows, and practices.
• Assist in the sharing of ideas and exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development within the Company.
• Provide on-going support and improvements to end users.
• Provide coaching skills to help develop less experienced engineers.
• 5+ years experience creating and delivering robust, efficient, and well designed tools.
• Ability to integrate new tools into existing pipelines and practices.
• Excellent team and communication skills required, with ability to understand the needs of the end user.
• Good C/C++ experience.
• Good C# experience.
• Experience with WinForms/WPF.
• Ability to work independently and to be self-directing required.
• B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent game experience.
• Experience with cinematic action adventure games is a plus
• Expertise with Maya/MEL scripting.
• Familiar with Animation tools and technologies.
• Console development experience preferred.
• Familiar Win32/MFC/Qt/WxWidgets or other GUI APIs.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94129-0909, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|