Maxis | Emeryville CA 94608 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/27/2012
For over 30 years, Maxis games have been known for their deep simulation, creativity, imagination, and unique style of gameplay. Maxis has created some of the world's most popular franchises, including SimCity, Spore, and The Sims, one of the best-selling franchises in history. Here at Maxis, we foster a fun and creative environment, filled with people who have a strong passion to make great games.
In 1997, Maxis was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. Maxis, a division of Electronic Arts, operates in Emeryville (California), Redwood Shores (California), and Salt Lake City (Utah).
Maxis is seeking an experienced Graphics Engineer to join our team in Emeryville, CA. In this role, you will be working with a highly talented and experienced team on an upcoming triple-A simulation style game.
* Collaborate with other engineers to integrate with various graphics engine systems
* Work closely with the Art Director and other artists to make it easy for them to create content and iterate
* Create graphics effects systems that meet performance requirements on a wide variety of PCs
* Create and maintain asset pipelines, as needed
* Profile and optimize code and systems to remove bottlenecks
* Test and document the code you write
* B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
* 6+ years of C/C++ experience
* Strong knowledge of 3D math
* Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, materials, lighting, and post-processing
* Direct3D Experience
* Multiple shipped titles on PC or next-gen console
* Experience with fairly large, dynamic data sets
* High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
* Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
* Passion for playing and making games look great
* Experience working with deferred render pipelines
* Experience developing tools and asset pipelines
* Open GL Experience
* Good knowledge of the XBOX360 and PS3 rendering architectures and APIs
* Experience with Maya/MEL scripting
* Experience with engine code – e.g. memory management, rendering, audio, streaming, animation, etc.
* Experience with CPU/GPU optimizations
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Emeryville, CA, 94608, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer,Mac OS X,Windows|
|Contact Name||Rebecca Davis|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|