Network Engineer (Senior/Lead)
Slant Six Games | Vancouver BC V6J 1J8 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 01/17/2012
Other Slant Six Games releases include SOCOM: Confrontation for the PS3, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP, and SOCOM: Cold Front, a PDLC for Confrontation. Slant Six Games also created the graphics rendering engine for SCEA’s massively popular, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. Our latest game project was Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City which was released on March 20th 2012. Currently we are working on our first original IP Strata Scavenger and other new exciting projects TBA later in 2012.
Slant Six Games was voted 7th best company to work for in BC by BC Business 2011. Apart from a competitive salary, a great benefits package, as a Slant Six Employee you will have access to our free Cypress Mountain ski and snowboard passes, tickets to the Vancouver Canucks, Vancouver Whitecaps and BC Lions games and an education assistance program. Slant Six Games strives for a healthy life-work balance for our staff, and we go out of our way to help every employee get the most out of their experience working in the games industry. If you think you can flourish in a creative, hardworking, relaxed and respectful work environment we want to hear from you.
The Network Engineer works with a team of network software engineers to design, implement, and refine the whole multiplayer game experience. The Network Engineer will work closely with other department Leads to ensure that all functionality is carried through to completion and provides for an incredible player experience. This position is for a senior software engineer with leadership experience who will champion project ideas and engage their team to create quality games.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the technical design and implementation for the project in the area of networking.
• Work with other team members to iterate and refine systems
• Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
• Design, implement and debug features for online play.
• Develop solutions related to synchronization, determinism, replication, prediction, latency and bandwidth.
• Guide the architecture of the current engine and AI systems to support networking concepts and limitations.
• Ensure networking related TCR and system requirements are met.
• Work with other engineers and producers to integrate networking technology into game projects, create extensions to that technology, and improve on technology.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Minimum of 3-4 game titles.
• Ability to think outside the box in challenging and ambiguous environment; being resourceful and creating constructive and innovative solutions.
• Can translate business goals into action.
• Manages multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with various project management methodologies.
• Strong leadership, including the ability to manage and develop a high performing team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, in both one-on-one and large group discussions.
• Proven track record forming partnerships and influencing effectively – across all disciplines.
• Proven track record of building networked implementations for complex game systems, including AI, physical stimulation, object management, etc.
• Broad understanding of networking systems, including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
• Multi-player implementation experience for 8+ clients.
• Technology experience required: C++, C#, PS3 and Xbox 360.
• Experience with client-server architecture.
• Knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and techniques.
• Experience with Winsock, TCP/IP and associated networking elements.
|Location||Vancouver, BC, V6J 1J8, Canada|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT, Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|