Senior Online Engineer
Sledgehammer Games / Activision | Foster City CA 94404 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/21/2011
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, and at www.sledgehammergames.com.
Sledgehammer Games is looking for an exceptional online engineer to help bring our online experience to a new level. The candidate will be involved in the creation of multiplayer game modes and online community features for an unannounced high-end console title.
- Design, write, debug and refine online features, tools and infrastructure.
- Provides technical insight and leadership regarding online design and feature set.
- Work with content creators and other programmers to ensure online features are correctly integrated into overall game.
- 5+ years programming experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Contributed extensively to the online development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Understanding of basic network protocols.
- Understanding of client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for video games and the online experience.
- Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
- Working knowledge of 3D Math.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on current-gen consoles.
- Contributed extensively to the online development of at least one shipped console game.
To be considered, please apply directly on our website at: http://activision.taleo.net/careersection/10020/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=PRO0000KG
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Foster City, CA, 94404, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|