Senior Online Programmer
Sony Computer Entertainment America - Santa Monica | Santa Monica CA 90404 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/18/2011
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) Santa Monica is seeking a Senior OnlineProgrammer to join it's team.
• Designing and implementing systems and tools to support networking needs (such as in-game communication, client-server, match-making, leaderboards)
• Help support existing systems
• Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks
• As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements
• Testing and documenting of the code you write
• At least 5 years or more programming experience
• Expertise in C and C++
• Good understanding of networking issues as they relate to games
• Strong generalist skills
• Self-motivated with good communication skills
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90404, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|