Electronic Arts | Redwood City CA 94065 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/25/2011
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Executive Producer for Visceral Redwood Shores will be leading a bold new IP that is heavily backed by EA leadership. The team is made up of industry veterans with a proven track record for shipping quality product. The EP will be both the creative visionary for the product, the ambassador of the project, and the person who builds and motivates the team to accomplish their goals of shipping a high quality, hugely entertaining title on time and on budget.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the creative center of the game and build a fully playable/shippable level demonstrating the key attributes of the game (game play, technology, linkages to outside media)
- Expand the playable/shippable level to produce a full AAA title
- Grow the game into a successful franchise capable of multiple versions
- Effectively communicate the core experience of the game to other parts of the EA
- Work with key reports (Development Director, Art Director, Audio Director, Creative Director and Producers) to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment
- Champion the professional development of your people and ensure that EA continues to employ the very best individuals
- Work with Studio Finance to prepare accurate and reasonable project budgets and develop the game within that budget
- Sell the value of your game across EA and our industry, including interviews & meetings with the press, partner companies, EA executives, etc.
What skills does EA look for?
- Possess a minimum of 10+ years experience as an Executive Producer or VP of Development
- Experience managing medium-large internal teams or development studios within the video game industry (Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Audio Specialists, Senior Project Managers, and Associate Producers etc.)
- 10+ years experience developing and executing game project plans
- 10+ years experience leading, motivating and driving teams to success
- Ability to know what types of products will sell and what won't sell and be able to assess the feasibility of producing a new product
- Ability to successfully partner across a WW organizations
- Successful track record in the development of high profile entertainment and software products
- Strong knowledge of the software/game market and platforms
- Assertive and motivated team player
- Strong technical background a plus
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redwood City, CA, 94065, United States|
|Categories||Executive / Management|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Jeff Ballard|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|