Fun Bits Interactive | Seattle WA 98104 USA | Full Time, Contract | Posted: 02/14/2011
We are currently working on games for the next-generation of console and mobile entertainment. The company’s leaders have worked for some of the world’s most innovative, successful and respected entertainment companies; Blizzard Entertainment, Namco, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Snowblind Studios, Lionhead Studios and Pandemic The company has recently released Fat Princess: Fat Roles on the PlayStation Network and the best-selling Escape Plan for the PSVita launch.
You will be in charge of planning, implementing and iterating on gameplay code, while delivering high quality systems and features that empower design.
As part of the Fun Bits team, you will also be expected to work on additional programming tasks as required throughout the course of development. We love games and good times, but we also appreciate those who are excellent at time management skills and people who are able to clearly communicate effectively with on-site and off-site team members.
As a member of the Fun Bits team, your creative input will be highly encouraged and valued by game developers, clients, ninjas and zombies.
• Designs and implements game systems
• Determines robust, well-thought, and innovative solutions to various programming challenges
• Produces clean, documented, and extensible code
• Ensures that our games continually function throughout the development cycle
• Works closely with artists and designers to determine the design and scope of our games
• Independently recognizes opportunities to improve our games or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
• Effectively manages time to balance requests from other programmers, designers, production managers, testers, and creative directors
• Effectively communicate with other departments
• Attend meetings involving the game’s direction, fun factor, and system development
• Work with lead to ensure their schedule is always as accurate as possible
• Work with the Game Designers and Producers to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
• Be passionate about producing engaging games, inspiring your team members, and contributing to the success of your employer / company
• Be detail-oriented: When someone sends you an email about something it auto-magically gets handled with no need for a follow-up
• Be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are thought of, described, and executed within a span of hours to days
• Have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under fast deadlines
• Be comfortable expressing a point of view on the product and on technical directions
• Have substantial engineering roles in game studios and have titles to show for it
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
• Relevant professional game industry programming experience (2+ years)
• Great working knowledge of C/C++
• Scripting experience
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills
• Must have shipped one title
• Adaptive coding style
• Visual Studio experience, LUA, XML, and Maya experience a plus
• Familiarity in assembly level programming a plus
• Shipped at least 1 title
• Cross platform experience
• Unity experience
• Working knowledge of Maya
• Experience playing Fat Princess and other fun console titles
• An avid gamer with strong interest in pushing the industry forward creatively
• Knowledge of game design theory and practice
• Candidates in the Seattle Area
• Self-motivated people who have worked hard to create their own projects
How do I apply?
Show us your best examples of polished implemented design features or playable levels (with screenshots), with an explanation of what substantial role you had in completing them. This is the best possible way to get hired.
A portfolio like this is something you can build up whether or not you have ever worked in the industry, and to us, is the strongest indicator of skill and passion for the job.
We're looking for the "wow" factor and a gameplay programmer that will blow our minds!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Seattle, WA, 98104, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Mobile phone,PSP2|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Tech - Gameplay|