Senior Games Designer
Black Rock Studio | Brighton EN BN1 2RE GBR | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2010
We're a strong studio of around 140 people, based at the heart of beautiful and cosmopolitan Brighton, UK. Just a quick train ride away from London in an office where pretty much everyone gets a sea view. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly but focussed and our role is to create original racing game franchises.
We have talented people and a healthy studio atmosphere with the support of a global giant. It's a great time to join one of the most promising collaborations in the UK.
We're looking for good people across all disciplines at all levels. We want the best and can offer one of the best packages in the UK in return.”
Black Rock Studio [a Disney Interactive Studio] is currently looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join the team who are developing an unannounced arcade racing game on Xbox 360 & PS3.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate team player who will work to drive our studio to continued success.
• Understand the vision of the game to design key gameplay features.
• Take ownership of a specific area, expanding the high level brief into a comprehensive list of specific tasks / components
• Provide realistic estimates for deliverables with timely progress updates, highlighting issues and presenting potential solutions
• Demonstrate experience of working in an Agile environment and be an advocate of iterative design practices
• Collaborate with Feature Leads to efficiently design and validate game components
• At least one successful shipped game on PS3/Xbox 360, in a similar role
• Worked as a core team member during the early phase of development
• Can demonstrate your design ideas in a successful game
• Extensive knowledge of games, especially in the racing / action genres
• Effective interpersonal & communication skills
• Enthusiastic, confident & positive personality
• A demonstrable track record of problem solving and creative thinking
How to apply:
- Please email your resume & showreel to email@example.com
About Black Rock Studio
Black Rock Studio, formerly known as Climax Racing, was established in early 2000 with the goal of becoming the industry's premier racing studio. The studio now employs more than 100. Using its proprietary render engine and PACE physics libraries, the studio has become experienced at producing triple-A, critically acclaimed racing titles in very competitive development times. Climax Racing was acquired by Disney Interactive Studios in October 2006 and re-named Black Rock Studio in July 2007.
About Disney Interactive
Disney Interactive Studios is the interactive division of the Walt Disney Company. We develop, publish, market and distribute a broad portfolio of multi-platform next-generation video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. Our family of studios includes Fall Line and Avalanche Software in Salt Lake City, and Propaganda Games in Vancouver and of course the Brighton Studio in the UK. Come and upgrade your career with one of the world’s largest entertainment companies.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Brighton, EN, United Kingdom|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Dawn Beasley|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|