Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. | Burbank CA 91522 USA | Full Time | Posted: 07/29/2010
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
Posting Job Description SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Marketing for the Marketing department. Position will be responsible for brand development and product marketing activities for the entire portfolio of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit games at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Position manages high-level cross-company & external partnerships relative to the assigned franchises.
• Develop global strategic franchise marketing plans: Responsible for brand plan development for Lord of the Rings: War in the North, two games inspired by The Hobbit movies, and all post-launch content, handheld and digital products, estimated at $ 300 million revenue. Develop and manage long-term franchise plan and P&L’s for the entire WBIE Tolkien portfolio, with a total marketing budget of over $ 30 million. Develop buzz tracking metrics benchmarks and ensure team is generating sufficient levels of awareness and purchase intent for portfolio products. Participate in the management of the portfolio P&L and guide team to achieve product P&L performance targets.
• Ensure strong collaboration with Sales, Publicity, Product Development, Trade Marketing, Digital Distribution and Finance.
• Co-develop International initiatives and programs: Develop global product and marketing strategies to ensure worldwide optimization and work closely with EMEA marketing team to ensure strategic global approach to the business.
• Product Development planning, collaboration and guidance: Work directly with studio product development teams to greenlight new console, PC, online, handheld and mobile games; engage consumer research team to ensure products are a good fit to the target market. Conduct periodic business analyses and monitor market trends to identify new business opportunities for portfolio.
• Drive cross-divisional synergies (including Turbine): Champion The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit videogames across theatrical, home video, digital distribution and consumer products divisions and secure buy-in on key business initiatives. Work closely with Turbine to integrate The Lord of the Rings Online with WBIE and Warner Bros. cross-divisional initiatives. Relationship management with licensors, partners, 1st parties and internal stakeholders.
• 4 year degree from an accredited college or university.
• MBA preferred.
• 8-10 years consumer marketing experience, with at least 3 in videogame marketing.
• Strong leadership skills and experience in developing and executing effective marketing plans.
• Ability to compellingly present to internal and external executive teams.
• Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient with financial models.
• Familiarity with The Lord of the Rings and the RPG segment helpful.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to the link below:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91522, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|