Environment Artist - TFT
Electronic Arts | Redwood City CA 94065 USA | Project/Temporary | Posted: 04/28/2010
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Visceral Games is looking for an experienced Environment Artist for an existing action/adventure franchise. This is a major opportunity to contribute to a bold new franchise, heavily backed by the EA Games Label.
• Model/texture high resolution 3D environments for the game
• Continually push the visual bar by leveraging a combination of aesthetic talent and an understanding of implementing within the game framework
• Collaborate and actively contribute to reviews and feedback
• Work with Management and Leads to deliver on key milestone commitments
• Extensive experience using Maya.
• Expert understanding of next-gen game environment development processes, limitations and dependencies
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated, and works well in collaborative environment
• Previous game development experience – must have shipped at least 3 titles
• Possess a strong sense of visual and spatial design
• Must be an avid gamer
Experience & Qualities Sought:
• Reel should demonstrate high resolution modeling, both organic and hard surfaces
• Examples of environment animations using Maya is highly desirable
• Demonstrate an understanding of next-gen texturing and experience using shaders
About this Project:
This project is the sequel to a major new IP at the award-winning Visceral Games, creators of Dead Space and Dante’s Inferno. Our team values are as follows: Gameplay comes first, controller feel is everything, culture of creativity, be highly iterative, playtest early and often, learn from failure, work fast and smart, and surround ourselves with the best talent in the world. The Games Label at EA is 100% committed to this IP, and the IP into film, television, comics, graphic novels, action figures, and the web. The game sequel will set new quality standards and make the franchise the world-leader in the action/melee-combat genre.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redwood City, CA, 94065, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Experience Years||4 yrs|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Jeff Ballard|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|