Lead Character Artist
Electronic Arts | Redwood City CA 94065 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/28/2010
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Visceral Games is looking for an experienced senior Character Artist for an existing action/adventure franchise. This is a major opportunity to contribute to a bold new franchise, heavily backed by the EA Games Label.
• Model and texture high quality character models in low, medium, and high polygon counts.
• Lead other artists, and lead the process by which the characters will be created.
• Support the Art Director in the overall vision for the game, while also taking ownership over establishing a cohesive vision for the characters.
• Work collaboratively with the Game Design discipline to understand specific requirements, and support the communication of gameplay mechanics information back to the player through visual elements.
• Extensive experience using Maya
• Strong digital painting and texturing skills in ZBrush 3 and PhotoShop
• Strong organic modeling skills.
• Strong drawing skills is helpful (light, form, shadow, color).
• Knowledge of human anatomy and form is helpful.
• Must be an avid gamer, of course.
Experience & Qualities Sought:
• At least 4-5 years of game development experience.
• Character work on at least one shipped AAA title.
• Previous experience leading project teams and inspiring them to greatness.
• Highly collaborative and a believer in iteration.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About this Project:
This project is the sequel to a major new IP at the award-winning Visceral Games, creators of Dead Space and Dante’s Inferno. Our team values are as follows: Gameplay comes first, controller feel is everything, culture of creativity, be highly iterative, playtest early and often, learn from failure, work fast and smart, and surround ourselves with the best talent in the world. The Games Label at EA is 100% committed to this IP, and the IP into film, television, comics, graphic novels, action figures, and the web. The game sequel will set new quality standards and make the franchise the world-leader in the action/melee-combat genre.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redwood City, CA, 94065, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Jeff Ballard|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|