Game Engineer - Apple Games
Namco Networks America Inc. | San Jose CA 95110 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/02/2010
The entertainment and games industry is growing and so is Namco Networks! We are looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team. Work with evolving and challenging technologies across many best-selling game titles in a fast-paced, creative and fun environment. Join Namco Networks and play a vital role in this rapidly growing company and industry! For more information about our company, please visit: www.namcogames.com.
Namco Networks is looking for passionate game engineering candidates able to break new entertainment ground on the iPhone/iPod Touch platform. You are a product-focused team player that thrives in a highly creative, multi-disciplinary atmosphere. Further, you have gone through a full product cycle and responsible for several applications on Apple platforms (Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPod touch). The Engineer working in this role possesses leadership skills, is a strategic thinker, problem-solver, detail-oriented decision maker, and must be a highly effective communicator. This is a mid-level position that will be expected to plan, delegate, mentor and monitor intermediate and junior-level programmers.
• Develop games for the Apple iPhone.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Create and maintain utilities for use in development.
• Work closely with the development, design, and QA teams to meet completion deadlines for each project.
• Integrate change requests and playtesting feedback.
Skills and Experience
• Must be familiar with the iPhone SDK and new updates.
• 3+ years experience as a programmer for console video games, PC or Macintosh OS X.
• Highly proficient in C/C++, Objective C and Cocoa.
• Experience using OpenGL in development and proficient in 3D programming.
• Strong familiarity with the Macintosh OS X developer environment (Cocoa and related APIs).
• Passionate gamer and creative problem solver.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
• Demonstrated experience with all phases of game project lifecycle.
• Proficiency in linear algebra.
• Experience with OpenAL.
• Experience as a PC game programmer.
• Knowledge of DirectX and/or other game development APIs.
• Experience designing and implementing user interfaces.
• Casual games development experience.
• Assembly programming experience.
• Network programming experience.
• Must be responsible and accountable; enjoys collaborating and follows through on multiple complex projects.
• Good communicator who possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and outgoing, excited about working at Namco Networks and possesses a positive attitude about the potential of this company.
• Supportive, not just within the division but also cross-functionally supportive, with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude towards getting things done.
• Able to listen to and implement constructive criticism.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrates excellent analytical skills.
• Thinks "out of the box" with ability to come up with creative solutions.
• Strong team player.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Jose, CA, 95110, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games,Mac OS X,Mobile phone|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|