NAMCO BANDAI Games America | Santa Clara CA 95054 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/01/2009
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is an interactive entertainment software publisher and developer based in Santa Clara, CA. The company is a subsidiary of the newly formed NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc. based in Cypress, CA.
On September 29, 2005, Bandai Co., Ltd. and NAMCO LIMITED implemented a management integration to form NAMCO BANDAI Holdings Inc. This step was taken to compete more effectively on the global stage in the fast-changing entertainment industry and to deliver further growth.
The resulting BANDAI NAMCO Group is a global entertainment group involved in business fields ranging from toys, amusement facilities, video game software and visual software, to apparel, sundries and network content.
As previous separate entities (NAMCO HOMETEK INC. and Bandai Games Inc.) the companies were each known for creating some of the industry'™s top franchises including: Tamagotchi®, Tekken®, Power Rangers, SOULCALIBUR®,Dead to Rights®, Pac-Man World™, Inuyasha, Digimon, Ridge Racer®, Time Crisis® and ACECOMBAT®. For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. and its products log onto www.namcobandaigames.com.
Manage all technical and scheduling components of game development projects to produce top quality products on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all phases of the product development cycle from design through budgeting, implementation, including quality assurance, documentation, packaging and localization.
• Determine and maintain the vision and direction of the product(s) assigned.
• Travel, when necessary, to external development groups for direct supervision, implementation, and/or monitoring of the product(s) assigned.
• Seek out, review and recommend potential external projects for NBGA to develop and/or publish.
• Maintain, secure, and enhance creative relationships with outside developers.
• Ensure outside developers meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information.
• Negotiate and monitor contracts for outside services on assigned projects.
• Work with Marketing, Public Relations, and Sales to coordinate resources on assigned projects, including art and design materials and information for promotional purposes.
• Prepare all necessary production materials and attend promotional events in representation of the products for press and retail when necessary.
• Create and monitor master schedule of project assignments and status management on a regular basis.
• Assist in determining direction of industry, new platforms and peripherals and creating proposals for new projects and budgets.
• Perform and coordinate risk assessment and due diligence on all new products and communicate concerns, issues, and critical dependencies for all current product(s) under your management.
• Manage, delegate and supervise daily progress of associate and/or assistant producer personnel reporting directly to this individual.
• Provide mentorship to direct reports to promote their professional growth.
• Ensure weekly status reports are submitted promptly by all personnel reporting to this individual while providing mentorship and guidance for all related work from conception through submission.
Prior Direct or Relevant Experience:
• 10+ years relevant experience in computer entertainment industry with 5+ years of management experience.
• Shipped at minimum 2 products as an Executive Producer title or equivalent title.
• Minimum 2 years of working directly with external developers and contractors on projects from start to completion.
• Direct experience producing successful video game console-based products.
• Strong expertise in technical/design team management.
• Total project management responsibility of product from start to publishing.
• Direct experience supervising design, art and programming staff from either an internal or external capacity.
• Direct experience with budgeting, cost tracking and scheduling.
• Familiarity with contract review and negotiation.
• Valid Passport and clearance for international travel.
• Have shipped at least one current generation console product with a cumulative Metacritic score of 70 out of 100 or better.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Clara, CA, 95054, United States|
|Categories||Executive / Management, Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|Experience Years||10 yrs|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox,Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer|
|Contact Name||Vidya Mallik|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|