Lead Level Designer
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc | Burnaby BC V5C 6G9 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 11/26/2009
Over the past four years, Blue Castle has brought together 160 of the most talented minds in the industry, shipped three titles in the process (The BIGS, MLB Front Office Manager and The BIGS 2 all published by 2K Sports) and are currently working on Capcom’s Dead Rising 2. We are about to begin work on an exciting new Action project and are looking for an experienced senior Level Designer to help.
As a Lead Level Designer, you will work with our existing level design team by defining the environmental content and ensuring that the gameplay within it reflects the vision of the game and exploits its mechanics.
You will need exceptional communication skills in written, visual and verbal forms. The ability to take constructive criticism while selling your ideas is critical. If you are a team player who values the best ideas, regardless of where they come from, and can create a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game, you just may have what it takes to work on this exciting project.
- Work closely with our Level Design Director, Creative Director and Art Director to help deliver game levels that match the creative vision and product goals of the game.
- Develop the level layout, scenario creation, prototype modeling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning.
- Assist in the development and realization of tools for the level design process.
- Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
- Create and update the associated game design documentation.
- 5+ years of game industry experience in a level design capacity where you have shipped at least two titles, one of which must have been open world.
- Possess the ability and desire to contribute in a highly creative environment, providing unique concepts and solutions.
- Previous interest or experience as a Lead Level Designer is beneficial, but not required.
- Demonstrate overall game design process knowledge including, but not limited to, story and character design, level design, AI design, player control, user interface, pacing, etc.
- Have strong hands-on experience with level design: writing scripts and laying out levels (greyboxing). Experience in 3D art packages is a benefit.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to communicate, evolve, and proactively push the level design; and moreover, have a passion for playing / creating creative and quality videogames.
- Be an expert on gaming trends and have your finger on the pulse of open world and FPS games like Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, Halo, and everything in between.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www/bluecastlegames.com/careers, click on the listed "Lead Animator" and then "Apply for this job online" - a process that takes no longer than 3 minutes!
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burnaby, BC, V5C 6G9, Canada|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Kraig Docherty|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||(604) 299-5626|