Senior 3D Artist for iPhone games!
Gameloft | New York City NY 10010 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/30/2009
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone,iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare®, DSiWare, Microsoft® Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO®, Ferrari®, Shrek®, CSI™, Spider-Man® Iron Man® , and Brothers in Arms® allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge®.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over4,000 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
Calling all Awesome Senior 3D Artists for iPhone games!
Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and console, is seeking a Senior 3D Artist to join their existing talent pool on creating iPhone games. Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation. Previous hit iPhone games include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar, just a few of the 250 games that Gameloft has created since its inception. As a key member of the development team, you’ll take charge of all 3d artwork for packs and visuals of our games as well as game conception. As a review team member, you will also be the expert on reviewing all 3d game art (iPhone, console, mobile..)!
• Be on top of your game
• Love video games inside & out
• Excellent eye for quality 3d artwork
• Proficient in 3D Max, Photoshop, zbrush or other 3D software.
• An exceptional understanding of human and non-humanoid anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling
• Ability to model, texture and animate complex but realistic high-rez & low rez scenes, characters and background items.
• Good sense of volume, lighting and materials
• Ability to give precise and constructive feedback on 3d game arts
• Ability to work as a team player with designers, developers and producers
You’ll earn brownie points if you have:
• Former work experience on 3D iPhone games
• Former work experience in the gaming industry (5-7 years) and with AAA titles published.
• Former work experience on creating 3d artwork
• Familiar with nextgen asset production pipeline
• Former work experience on providing 3d art directions on console, iPhone, mobile games!
• Solid background in academic drawing, traditional arts, sketching and/or illustration.
• Specialty in 3D graphic design used as the basis for 2D and compatible platforms
Why you want to work for Gameloft:
• We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
• We are a fun and creative team that is as passionate about what we make as you.
• Our offices are casual and the environment is relaxed.
• The work is challenging but rewarding.
• Our studio is relatively small, meaning you can have a large impact on the direction of the company very early on.
• We are paving new ground everyday in the areas of mobile gaming and more.
For a chance to join a cool, creative team based in New York City- please send your resume, cover letter, samples of work and/or your personal url (if available) to email@example.com Please reference: “GFX-SR3D-US” in the subject line. Please ensure that any sample images/animations are sent within the email or attached as a Word or .pdf document only. Any emails that do not fulfill this requirement will not be read.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||New York City, NY, 10010, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||HR Department|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|