Lead Game Designer
Ubisoft Shanghai | Shanghai CHN | Full Time | Posted: 09/29/2009
Today the company is composed of 4,350 talented people in 27 countries, who create and distribute games in over 55 countries. Ubisoft enjoys solid roots in Asia, being the first video game developer to establish a complete creation and production facility in the People's Republic of China.
Established in 1996, over the past 12 years, Ubisoft Shanghai has been developing the skills and expertise necessary to create some of the industry’s most anticipated titles, including:
• Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow 9.2
• Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PS3) 8.7
• Splinter Cell: Double Agent 8.5
• Rayman 2 Revolution (PS2) 8.5
EndWar™, entirely conceived and developed in Shanghai, is the studio’s latest creation. Awarded Best Strategy Game for PS3 and Xbox 360 by the Game Critics, EndWar™ is an RTS game that promises to revolutionize the genre. The praise for EndWar™ however doesn’t stop there; many magazines and institutions have recognized this new IP:
• 1 of the 10 Best Xbox 360 Games at E3 2008 – Gamespy
• Best Xbox 360 Strategy Game 2008 – IGN
• 1 of the 20 Best Games at E3 2008 – Edge
• Best Strategy Game 2008 – Gametrailers
Looking forward to the future of new-gen and beyond, Ubisoft Shanghai will continue to pursue its mission of creating new AAA gaming experiences and is currently seeking additional talent.
If you love games, have a solid educational and professional background and a desire to join the Ubisoft collective adventure, contact us today: email@example.com or visit http://jobs.ubisoft.com.cn/
It’s now your opportunity to join our developing team and be part of one of the world top developers!
If you’re dedicated to making innovative high quality games you could be the perfect candidate!
So what are you waiting for?
- At least 5 years of design experience in the games industry.
- Shipped at least two AAA RPG titles in a senior or lead game designer role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Able to quickly adapt to change, finding creative solutions and maintaining positive momentum in the face of adversity.
- Able to find the right balance between creativity and productivity in his proposals.
- Able to keep in mind the big picture while working on details.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and the design team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content.
- Conceptualize, create and maintain detailed game design documentation throughout the project cycle.
- Balance and adjust gameplay experiences to ensure the product’s critical and commercial success.
- Manages the design team to successfully meet project objectives.
- Coordinates workflow, scheduling and assignments with other team leads and ensures the information flow between both the designers and to other disciplines.
- Provides training, guidance and feedback for other designers.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|