Lead Multiplayer Designer (First-Person Shooter)
2K Boston | Quincy MA 02169 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/27/2009
• You must be familiar with the current state of the art in multiplayer game design across a wide range of genres on both PC and console. You must be capable of analyzing and critiquing game designs and using that analysis to inform your own design sensibilities. We expect you to be familiar with BioShock and other 2K Boston/Irrational products and be able to speak critically about them.
• Finally, there are a wide variety of miscellaneous other tasks associated with this position such as speaking at conferences, working on game documentation and manuals and occasional PR duties.
Required Experience and Skills:
• This position requires a high degree of creativity. You will be required to work with the single player team to form a "vision" of the multiplayer experience and use that vision to inform your design decisions. From there, you will help build a multiplayer design team and be responsible to guide your team through the entire production cycle.
• An important part of the role is then communicating that vision clearly and concisely to the rest of the team and ensuring that they have a clear and specific mandate for their work. You must also provide a receptive ear so that other team members can provide input on the game design and feel that it is paid attention to.
• Prior experience designing first person shooter games is an absolute must. Understanding of online persistence is preferred but not required. MMO design or production experience also preferred.
• Above all we are looking for somebody with enthusiasm, passion and the desire to create a multiplayer experience that is on par with the industry-leading single player experiences created at 2K Boston.
When Applying for this Position:
Please remember to include: game design documents, writing samples, video or screenshot samples of some of your work and/or game analysis as appropriate.
Please include "Lead Multiplayer Designer" in the subject of your email
“Please note you must be authorized to work in the US to be considered for this position. 2K Boston, a subsidiary of Take Two Interactive Software, is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Quincy, MA, 02169, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Contact Name||Ryan Oddey|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Lead Multiplayer Designer (Fir|