ONLINE GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
Sony Computer Entertainment America - Santa Monica | Santa Monica CA 90401 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/08/2009
Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica is seeking an online gameplay
programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed AAA titles
"God of War" and "God of War II."
- Designs, develops and maintains the networking portions of game
and tools code.
- Interact with gameplay programmers to make existing and new code
support desired network functionality (including networking of
gameplay state, lobbying, commerce, chat, security, and similar).
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party technology and APIs
- Collaborate with game and tools programmers to integrate new
technologies into game and tools
- As needed work on non-networking tasks such as tools and game-
specific systems to support specific project requirements
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years programming experience
- Expertise in C and C++
- Experience implementing networking components for a modern
game (or equivalent application), and expert understanding of
how to robustly and efficiently network game state
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols (TCP, UDP), client-
server and peer-to-peer architectures, dealing with bandwidth,
latency, synchronization, and dropped-packet issues, etc.
- Skilled in modern algorithms and data structures
- Strong architecture, documentation and design skills
- Self-motivated, with excellent communication and problem
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90401, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 1,Playstation 2,Playstation 3,PSP|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|