Software Engineer - Mobile
Kabam | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/12/2012
Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing and Luxembourg, Kabam merges art and science to deliver entertainment as a service. Kabam delivers deep, crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay. Kabam is platform agnostic – delivering always-on, always-evolving experiences for gamers no matter where they choose to play.
Kabam believes games should be irresistibly fun to play, so the company measures its success on how often people return to Kabam games and how long they play. Kabam’s games have been praised by the media and industry and, more importantly, Kabam players for their depth of play and social interaction.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
The Software Engineer will define, prototype, and build mobile applications for kabam.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Define, prototype, and build mobile applications for kabam.com.
* Build performant and scalable cross-platform features
* Implement both mobile client and server side APIs.
* Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle, from specifications through QA.
* Collaborate on finding/fixing bugs and scalability/optimization issues.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Proficient in the ins and out of iOS.
* Experience in MySQL, Java, and Android a plus.
* Ability to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-throughs, bugs, thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
* Previous experience designing and building web-scale infrastructures with full-stack experience.
* Comfortable with architectural designs and concepts, including database, OO, MVC, performance, scalability, security.
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
* Accustomed to iterative and incremental development cycles and agile workflow.
* Work on-site in San Francisco (this position has no remote work option)
Click here to apply: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oZFFWfwZ&s=Gamasutra
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam : https://www.facebook.com/LifeatKabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin! : http://www.linkedin.com/company/kabam_206001/careers
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Kayla Kahl|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|