TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/30/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
The Online Programmer works closely with the Lead Software Engineer and the rest of the development team to design and program multiple requirements for upcoming titles. For the client, this involves working with Matchmaking, Online Persistence, and other Community features. This may also involve backend work with Databases and Social Media integration.
• Architect, program, and debug high quality products with efficient, robust and maintainable code.
• Client: Design and develop systems for asynchronous networking and online features.
• Backend: Design and develop systems for persistency and multiple-platform integration.
• Work with the UI and design teams to ensure a solid user experience.
• Ensure good communication with other departments and provide status reports to management.
• At least six years of experience in C++ programming.
• Experience programming and architecting networking or online systems.
• Experience programming in an environment based on asynchronous transactions.
• Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Previous work with Unreal Engine 3.
• Previous work with Xbox 360 development and LIVE.
• Previous work with PlayStation 3.
• Windows development experience.
• Experience with assembly level programming.
• User Interface design, Tools programming
• Strong Math background.
• Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, ...
• Experience playing a variety of games.
• Aggressive, motivated team player.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.), or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related degree.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|