TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/14/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
When a player launches a game for the first time, your work is the first thing they see. In fact, there's scarcely a moment when your work isn't on display. That's why you've dedicated yourself to higher coding standards and documentation; only a tightly run ship will do for you. Crafting the interactions between frontends, HUDs, and in-game interfaces comes second nature to you, and you relish the fact that collaborating with other developers only makes you stronger. You are a UI Programmer, and you thrive on the frontlines.
• Architect, program, and debug high quality code using good software practices.
• Design, develop and extend user interface elements and related systems.
• Provide status reports to the Lead Software Engineer during all phases of the production cycle.
• At least three years of experience in C++ programming.
• Experience programming and architecting UI systems.
• Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Previous work with a licensed 3D engine (Unreal, LithTech, ...)
• Previous experience with Scaleform, Adobe Flash, and/or ActionScript
• Windows XP/Vista/7 development experience.
• Console development experience (PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360).
• Gameplay, Graphics, Physics, Audio, Networking, UI, AI, Tools Programming.
• Experience designing, implementing, debugging, and optimizing 3D graphics engines.
• Strong Math background.
• Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, ...
• Experience playing a variety of games (particularly FPS).
• Aggressive, motivated team player.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.), or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related degree.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||UI Pr|