TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/05/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
You bring people together in a way that no one else can. You understand that game development is about the fans first and foremost, and features that foster healthy community development are your bread and butter. You know how to match players fairly, you know what persistent data to provide, and you know how to effectively integrate social media into a game. Database and web development only round out your robust skillset. You are a Server Programmer, and longevity depends on you.
• Design and implement highly scalable and extensible server architecture with a heavy focus on data driven design
• Design and implement server systems that communicate via protocols such as REST (HTTP) and TCP
• Design and implement database communication via SQL
• Design and implement tools and scripts to aid in server maintenance
• Ensure good communication with other departments and provide status reports to management.
• At least six years of experience in C++ programming.
• Experience programming and architecting networking or online systems.
• Experience programming in an environment based on asynchronous transactions.
• Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Previous work with Unreal Engine 3.
• Previous work with Xbox 360 development and LIVE.
• Previous work with PlayStation 3.
• Windows development experience.
• Experience with assembly level programming.
• User Interface design, Tools programming
• Strong Math background.
• Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, ...
• Experience playing a variety of games.
• Aggressive, motivated team player.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|