TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/30/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
The VFX Artist is expected to be competent in visual effects creation for a highly visceral UE3-powered FPS. Responsibilities include particle effects, explosions, working with shaders, and other general art tasks. The VFX Artist will work closely with the Lead Artist to make sure the game has top-notch next-gen visuals and to keep pushing the boundary on high-end game graphics.
- Demonstrated ability to create FX with particle systems, sprites, shaders, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop and/or equivalent tools, etc.
- Knowledge of art development on next-gen consoles.
- Knowledge of specific game editors and particle effects tools.
- Solid understanding of art pipelines and how to get the most out of them.
- Motivated and driven to face challenges.
- Ability to create art assets which demonstrate advanced techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with member of all teams (design, programming, art).
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- 2+ years of industry experience and/or credit on one (1) commercially shipped title.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 3.
- Specific experience with UE3 Cascade and material editor
- Experience wiring up effects through Unreal script
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Online Multiplayer,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||VFX A|