Senior Graphics Engineer
Autodesk | Greenbelt MD 20770 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/03/2013
Autodesk Inc. is looking for a talented and experienced Graphics Engineer to work on our state of the art Scaleform rendering engine. The applicant for this position will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and extending the rendering engine to work on all major console platforms and mobile devices. As a Sr. Graphics Engineer, you will also be involved in the development and maintenance of Scaleform integrations with the leading game engines such Unreal and Unity, as well as providing support for the top game development studios as they incorporate our middleware SDK into their titles.
Autodesk Scaleform leverages the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set and enables the fastest way to create powerful and immersive User Interface environments. Scaleform is the leading UI middleware solution in the videogame industry, and its products are used in the development of over 800 video game titles to date.
Autodesk Scaleform offers a fun, creative and rewarding environment with a full range of benefits, including a very competitive compensation package.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number: Senior Graphics Engineer, 12WD11084
Location: Greenbelt, MD
• Design, implement and polish 2D and 3D rendering features
• Develop optimized HAL rendering back ends for video game consoles and mobile devices such as iOS and Android
• Integrate Scaleform rendering technology into 3rd-party game engines and applications
• Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards
• Analyze requirements, design, write, test and deploy highly functional code
• Actively participate in decision making and direction by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
• Profile, undertake performance-analysis, optimization and performance tuning
• Keep up to date on current rendering trends including upcoming graphics-related technologies, initiatives, protocols, techniques, and tools
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expert C/C and math skills
• At least 4 years professional experience, game-industry preferred, with experience shipping commercial applications or games.
• In-depth knowledge of graphics programming APIs including OpenGL and DirectX
• Must be willing to learn about new game development hardware
• Must have excellent time, task, and resource organization skills due to the multiple platforms, systems and issues involved
• Experience and understanding of multithreaded programming
• Experience with rendering-related CPU and GPU optimization strategies
• Ability to debug, profile and optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform
• Program in a methodical and structured manner resulting in robust and maintainable code
• Expertise with major graphics platforms, consoles and APIs, as well as cross-platform development
• Hands-on experience with shader programming in HLSL, GLSL or Cg
• Motivated, self-starter, creative thinker, ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with iOS and Android development a plus
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six-week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please submit your resume online at https://autodesk.taleo.net/careersection/adsk_cmp/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=105882. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Greenbelt, MD, 20770, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Talent Acquisition|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|