Technical Director, Animation
Ubisoft Singapore | Singapore SGP | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
In the short span of four years, the full-fledged development studio has already been involved in the production of some major titles such as Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed 2, Assassin’s Creed 3, Ghost Recon Online, Prince of Persia : the Forgotten Sands and created independently Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network.
With the focus of creating and developing new high-profile AAA game titles, the expansion of the studio is expected to be rapid as it strives towards its goal of becoming 300-people strong in the years to come.
The incumbent will determine, prepare, and adapt the animation tools used in production and determine the best work methods based on the type of production. (S)he will also train animators on the selected tools and methods and supervise the integration of the animation into the game engine.
• Read the game design documents to determine the project’s technical animation needs
• Specify animation needs to the programming team
• Test the selected / developed engine, request improvements, verify all related documentation, and correct and / or produce new documents if necessary
• Develop or find the best tools (eg: 3DS Max, MotionBuilder, etc) and methods to improve and facilitate the work of animators
• Test the tools before they are deployed and ensure that they work properly throughout the production process
• Create, organize, and carry out training sessions so that all animation team members are able to properly use the tools and methods
• Produce documents on the tools, methods, training sessions, processes, and engine constraints for later reference
• Coordinate and act as the point of contact between the animation and programming teams
• Regularly communicate technical constraints and their rationales to the animation team
• Establish the nomenclature of all of the files created by the animators so as to structure data location and facilitate retrieval
• Provide constant technical support for the tools and engine to every member of the animation team
• Supervise the design, integration, and validation of the in-game animations and cinematics in the engine and facial animation pipeline
• Be the technical point of contact for all technical animation issues
• Be the animation point of contact for others during knowledge-sharing activities
• Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
• Attestation of College Studies in game oriented 3D Animation technique or any other equivalent training
• At least 7 years of experience in animation, including 4 years as a Technical Animation Director / integration of game animation system or equivalent
• Customer service oriented and a team player
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Good mentoring capacity
• Ability to write technical documentations
Please send your applications to Singapore@ubisoft.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Categories||Art / Animation, Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|