Ubisoft Singapore | Singapore Singapore 277125 SGP | Full Time | Posted: 09/20/2012
Ubisoft veterans who worked on Splinter Cell, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Prince of Persia, the Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon brands rub shoulders with graduates from local schools and developers hailing from all over the globe.
The incumbent will ensure that the game translates the creative vision and that the project’s strategic design challenges are met. The game director will also oversee the quality, variety and balance of the game, narrative systems and level challenges by guiding the different design poles. He/she will support the game design vision as a project member and in the studio.
The main and routine tasks of the Game Director are to:
• Work with the creative director to ensure that the game design meets the creative director’s vision;
• With the producer and/or creative director, determine the production priorities and eventual scope adjustments;
• Manage the design team
• Work with the design team to guide game system and level development according to the creative director’s vision;
• Ensure that the game has a good rhythm and offers sufficiently diverse gameplay;
• Understand consumer needs and ensure that the developed elements contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment;
• Create a work environment that motivates the design leads and fosters creation;
• All other related tasks.
Studies in video game level design and production and a certificate in project management or equivalent training.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a lead design (experience in supervising a game design team is a major asset) or any other relevant experience.
• Good communication skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Solid adaptive skills;
• Ability to work as part of team;
• Client-focus (internal and external).
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Singapore, Singapore, Singapore|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Alex Lim|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||SIN - GD|