Sr. Tools Programmer - 2K Czech
2K Czech | Prague & Brno CZE | Full Time | Posted: 03/06/2013
2K Czech is the premiere game development studio in Central Europe. We deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the well-known Mafia series and the Top Spin franchise.
As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno. We are located on the top floor in one of the most popular shopping malls in Prague. It is easily accessible by public transportation, and is located in the center of the city.
CZECH REPUBLIC is a member of the EU with a long-time tradition of craft beer brewing, a thriving wine industry, well-known spas, skiing and hiking resorts. Prague is a great metropolitan city offering a comfortable life, plentiful services and amusement with assurance of quality and affordability for everyone.
SR. TOOLS PROGRAMMER – 2K Czech
LOCATION - Czech Republic
We are looking for a talented Tool Programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment, and is looking to work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences.
The Tool Programmer creates and maintains tools for an unannounced multiplatform game. Contribute to the design of, and handle the implementation for, a wide variety of enhancements to our inhouse Engine.
• Create and maintain a robust toolset based on the 2K Czech in-house technology.
• Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development.
• Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project.
• Provide the feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
• Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage.
• Participate in the design of products and perform testing activities.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• Experience with C#.
• 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and deliver requests with a quick turn-around time.
• Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion.
• Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development.
• Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines.
• Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
• Experience in UI design and artist workflow.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Additional Experience and Skills
• Shipped AAA console or PC titles.
• Experience developing for next-generation game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360).
• In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines.
• Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software.
• Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Prague & Brno, Czech Republic|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|