Software Engineer - Web Client - 2K Games
2K Games | Novato CA 94949 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/18/2013
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised BioShock® and BioShock®2, Sid Meier's Civilization® series; the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise NBA® 2K10; and the multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games.
At 2K our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K is a successful, stable publishing label that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. We are looking for people who are passionate about games. 2K is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WEB CLIENT - 2K GAMES
Manage and serve as software engineer for development of web/clients for an internal middleware for multiple gaming architectures. Coordinate with development teams and provide engineering services while coordinating long term strategy between multiple studios and with Corporate IT as well as with other parts of the business.
• Work with the lead technical architect developing code for global development projects involving infrastructure for online gaming architecture for multiple platforms/games/consoles.
• Work with architects to implement design recommendations and solutions for existing architecture to improve performance, security and reliability.
• Develop, maintain, and optimize the in game network client of multiple client/server-based online games as well as complex web-service infrastructure.
• Interface with other departments providing documentation, strategy and overall direction for an online environment.
• This is a programing position, please do not apply if you are not ready for hands on programming.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires at least 3 plus operations/engineering experience in large-scale online game service environment with knowledge of relevant network issues.
• Requires 5+ years of systems and network engineering experience focusing on large scale datacenter operations.
• Familiarity with Apple OSX, Objective C, C/C++, Android, and console SDKs
• Familiarity with game related vendors and technologies, such as Quazal, Gamespy, XLSP, the XBOX Live and PSN Networks.
• Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
• Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
• The ability to handle high pressure situations.
• Shipped at least one AAA console or PC title
• Knowledge of or experience with game development systems is advantageous
• 3+ years experience in the games industry
REPORTS TO: Director, Technology
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Novato, CA, 94949, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Brooke Grabrian|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|