Service Reliability Engineer / Systems Administrator US
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/08/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our SREs focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our network, what we are doing right, and what we can do better. They are empowered to say when new features are ready for production, and work with other teams to make sure our requirements are met as early in the lifecycle as possible.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- At leaset 5+ years of experience in either Software Development or Systems Administration (or both!): We expect you to be knowledgeable in one or two core fields and open to coming up to speed quickly in everything else.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: You will interact with other teams on a daily basis.
- A strong sense of responsibility: SREs are largely self-directed, and are key decision makers so must take pride part(s) of production they own.
Available for on call. There will be times when your expertise is needed outside of core hours.
- Development experience in 1 or more languages: SRE tools are primarily written
- Python and Bash, but often need to inspect other languages such as Java, Node.js, C++ and Ruby.
- Comfortable at a Bash prompt: Ideal candidate will also be familiar with *nix debugging tools, both at the system (lsof, strace, tcpdump) and code level (gdb, jvisualvm, etc.).
- One or more of the following areas of expertise:
- SQL (ideally MySQL or Postgres)
- NoSQL at scale (ideally Hadoop, Mongo clusters and/or sharded Redis)
- Event Aggregation (e.g. Graphite, Zenoss, Flume, Splunk)
- Virtualization (Ideally in-house clouds using OpenStack or Eucalyptus)
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- Load Testing (QA or SDET experience is a big plus)
- Reports to Service
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|