Senior Java Engineer
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/07/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you'll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for large distributed systems.
- Design and development of tools to aid with debugging, management, and interaction with various system components.
- Developing libraries, frameworks, or toolkits used by multiple projects.
- Work with team and project managers to deliver quality software within schedule constraints.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Demonstrable knowledge of distributed architectures, OOP, Core Java, Multithreading, and Networking.
- 5+ years programming experience.
- BS or 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Server/Client Architectures
- NoSQL, Spring, Tomcat, JUnit, JMS, RESTful interfaces, UML
- Programming best practices including unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, code documentation, and performance testing
- Familiar with Agile and other development best practices
- Can work with both a small high-functioning teams or independently as needed
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced creative environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile when required
- Contributor to open source projects is a plus
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|