Graphics Tools UI Engineer
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/06/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
Do you like working on tools? Do you like computer graphics? Would you like to help game developers answer questions such as "Why doesn't my game look right?" or "Why does my game run slowly?"
SCE US R&D's Graphics Technology group is looking for a talented engineer to help answer just those sorts of questions. The tools we create are used by almost all game developers for our platforms. There is a lot of information we could show and we to have to come up with creative ways to display it that enables our game developers to be efficient without overwhelming them. Are you up to the task?
The ideal candidate would be a strong C# developer with a very good understanding of WPF. The candidate would gain an understanding of how our hardware works and work with other members of the team to understand common performance and correctness pitfalls and how to present these pitfalls to developers in a clear way that can be acted on to resolve them.
Understanding graphics algorithms, experience with graphics APIs such as DirectX or OpenGL and experience in game development are all very strong pluses.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain SCE tools to assist in the development, debugging, and analysis of games, with an emphasis on the GPU aspects.
- Work on the user interface / experience by integrating into data sources provided by the back-end graphics developers on the team.
- Coach other team members regarding good UI & UX choices and WPF development techniques.
- Provide second-level support to game developers; fixing bugs and giving advice as appropriate
- Work with the documentation team to create user documentation
- Work with the CPU PA/Debug team to ensure a strong integration between CPU and GPU tools
- Strong C# and WPF development skills.
- A solid understanding on good user interface design
- Knowledge of graphics APIs and technologies (such as DirectX or OpenGL)
- Knowledge of game development, tools used, and the game development pipeline a strong positive
- Prior experience with debuggers or performance analysis tools a strong positive
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience writing game development tools
- At least 2 years of experience in C/C+application development, and C# development
- Experience with Wind32 and WinForms
- Linear algebra knowledge that's typical to games
- Knowledge of the game development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Masters of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivelent
- At least 10 years experience writing game development tools
It is the policy of Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA) to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|