Senior Front-End Web Engineer
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/05/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
This opportunity is with Gaikai, a Sony Computer Entertainment Company.
GAIKAI® (pronounced: guy-kai)
Is a cloud-based gaming platform that allows users to play high-end video games and applications instantly from a webpage or internet-connected device.
· Designing and developing:
o Web applications for management of, and data presentation for, a large distributed system
o Tools to aid with debugging, management, and interaction with various system components
· Developing libraries used by multiple projects
· Work with team and project managers to deliver quality software within schedule constraints
· Minimum of 5+ years programming experience
· BS or equivalent
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
· Server/Client Architectures
· RESTful interfaces, UML
· Programming best practices, including unit testing, integration testing, code
· Familiar with Agile, test-driven development, and other development best
· Experience working with Big Data
· Skilled at UI design
· Has worked with Node.js
· Can work both with small high-functioning teams or independently as needed
· Good communication skills
· Team player
· Thrives in a fast paced creative environment
· Gamer is a plus
· Familiarity with GitHub
· Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile when required
· Contributor to open source projects is a plus
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Advanced knowledge of Sass and Compass.
- Familiarity with client-side templating engines, such as Mustache, Handlebars, etc.
- Ability to take Photoshop files and translate them into pixel-perfect web interfaces, including animations and transitions both with CSS and jQuery.
- Experience using Git (specifically GitHub) for source control.
- Professional-level design skills
- Contributions to open source projects, including your own
- Ability to code in (or at least grok) web programming languages like PHP or Node.js
- Experience working with HTML5 features (even the ones that aren't technically HTML5): canvas, WebGL, video/audio, local storage, caching, web workers, etc.
- Experience using web technologies to build applications that run somewhere other than a browser, i.e. smartphones, tablets, TVs, HUDs, kiosks, etc.
It is Gaikai's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Gaikai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. Gaikai also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|