Senior Front-End Web Engineer
Gaikai | Aliso Viejo CA 92121 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/14/2013
People might say we have our head in the clouds, and they would be right. Long before people knew what "the cloud" was, we were leveraging it to achieve an infinitely worthwhile vision: to make video games as easily accessible as movies and music.
With our recent acquisition by Sony Computer Entertainment, you're probably wondering what happens to our vision now.
Truth is, the future has never looked brighter. We're working hard with Sony Computer Entertainment to advance our cloud gaming platform, and we can't wait to unveil the next generation of it to you.
· Designing and developing:
o Web applications for management of, and data presentation for, a large distributed system
o Tools to aid with debugging, management, and interaction with various system components
· Developing libraries used by multiple projects
· Work with team and project managers to deliver quality software within schedule constraints
· Minimum of 5+ years programming experience
· BS or equivalent
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
· Server/Client Architectures
· RESTful interfaces, UML
· Programming best practices, including unit testing, integration testing, code
· Familiar with Agile, test-driven development, and other development best
· Experience working with Big Data
· Skilled at UI design
· Has worked with Node.js
· Can work both with small high-functioning teams or independently as needed
· Good communication skills
· Team player
· Thrives in a fast paced creative environment
· Gamer is a plus
· Familiarity with GitHub
· Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile when required
· Contributor to open source projects is a plus
•Advanced knowledge of Sass and Compass.
•Familiarity with client-side templating engines, such as Mustache, Handlebars, etc.
•Ability to take Photoshop files and translate them into pixel-perfect web interfaces, including animations and transitions both with CSS and jQuery.
•Experience using Git (specifically GitHub) for source control.
•Professional-level design skills
•Contributions to open source projects, including your own
•Ability to code in (or at least grok) web programming languages like PHP or Node.js
•Experience working with HTML5 features (even the ones that aren’t technically HTML5): canvas, WebGL, video/audio, local storage, caching, web workers, etc.
•Experience using web technologies to build applications that run somewhere other than a browser, i.e. smartphones, tablets, TVs, HUDs, kiosks, etc.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92121, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Reine Bounlutay|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|